Pages

Thursday 14 October 2010

Black and white miniature

Well as promised here is the next piece of jewellery:


Can be bought here: http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=2159187
And here: http://www.zibbet.com/rosesandhello/artwork?artworkId=138189

Drawing by Lisa Stead, taken from a vintage fashion postcard from The Graphics Fairy. the Graphics Fairy is a brilliant free resource and hopefully I'll soon be creating a post about some of the things you can find on the blog.

This is the final product after a fairly long process of putting it together. I always knew I wanted to do something like this, based on the tiny portraits in renaissance miniatures, but in the manner of film star glamour photographs and I think that effect was achieved.
It's photographed on a background of a vintage shirt that my lovely sister bought for me. The ruffles seemed to suit the Victoriana feel.

I would just like to put a word in for my sister and my two cousins who were endlessly helpful (and amusing) when trying to pick a name for all this and thinking up ideas. You lot are super cool and wonderful!

The next piece will be based on 1920s fashion illustrations from magazines. I found some brilliant pieces which are going to look amazing in the antique brass version of this frame.

2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely!! You are a very talented artist! Thanks for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for setting them up, glad you like!

    ReplyDelete